Bionicle Heroes can be found in a selection of games with horrible controls, unbalanced achievements and painful cutscenes.....and also in general read. Well I'm not so much an achievement whore like Callum but I do take his gaming advice everyonce and a while and completely leave my insticts behind. I saw him playing it and said "wow this game looks really horrible" and he responed with...."No its not......its the best lego game Ive played...". I trusted him deep down knowing that he was wrong and a week later I found myself in pocession of an 8 day rental copy....but little did I know.....Callum must have been playing pretty horrible lego games before this one.Ugh! I seriously hate this game. Right now as I'm writing this I'm watching Jack play the game. He can actually stand it which is amazing because when I play it, it reminds me of better games like Gears of War or Halo or something. I'll give you the low down of the game. Its basically a third person shooter. The controls are slow and feel very sticky (If you know what I mean) but if you haven't played the game you seriously cannot imagine how bad they are. Gameplay is extremely repetitive, you fight tons and tons of the same enemies and boss fights are really long and boring. Omg....the cutscenes are horrible, like in every other lego game they try to be funny in them and in the previous or furture games of the series it worked, but not at in all this game I'll explain in detail all of the topics (Controls, Gameplay, Cutscenes and game style) in another paragraph.
Gameplay is boring, mainly because of the repetition, mainly because of the bad controls and also mainly because of the fact that this game is the absolute minimum for a shooter game. Its basically a lego game that took the shooter elements of the lego games and took out all the rest. Probably the worst part about the whole thing is "Hero mode". Hero mode is similar to "True Jedi" in the lego games were as you collect a certain ammount of lego pieces, bar fills up and you turn in to a golden bionicle. Once you use it once it goes away and you have to collect more pieces to get it again. While your in this mode you have to build a certain animal or item to help you cross a path or beat a boss. It takes forever to get into the mode and you need to do this multiple times to complete a level.
Everything is this game is auto-lock on which is fine expect when you control a bionicle that shoots a type of gernade. Gernades don't stick to people so this usually results in the attack bouncing off the target to land on nothing what so every for an incredible amount of no damage at all. Levels are really long and drawn out which also doesn't help seeing the game isn't fun or maybe they just seem long seeing the game isn't fun.....and its also too easy. If you die which is very hard because you get about 7 different lives/people and you can find extra masks or people around the level you get respawned with a new complete set of lives/masks. Each mask or bionicle has certain powers that you can upgrade but they're all crap to play.
Bosses are so annoying to fight. They do very little damage to you but are invincible till you go into hero mode a couple of times. The problem is getting to hero mode, its not hard just time wasting. To get pieces you need to kill enemies, to kill enemies there needs to be enemies, To go hero mode you need pieces and what drops pieces? ENEMIES! Thats right , enemies hardly spawn after the start of the boss fight and it takes so long to finish the boss, and guess what? After the boss fight there is another boss that shows up and you have to fight him EVERY FREAKING TIME! ****! This is even annoying writing about it.
.....and finally the cutscenes......Jack says and I quote "I'd rather chop off my penis with a rusty handsaw than watch these cutscenes" That may or may not of been tampered with by Ciaran. He did say though and I quote seriously once again "I'd rather swallow a pipe bomb, cut off my penis, wait for the pipe bomb to explode and after it exploded shoot myself in the head"...... I think that sets the mood for how bad the cutscenes are.....Oh! and let me add another statement.....THEY ARE UN-FUCKING SKIPPABLE! That is just cruel! Make a horrible cutscene and just for a laugh and so millions of children around can chop of there penises with rusty sawblades they make it unskippable.......the evil bastards.
In conclusion this game is ****ing horrible (The previous ****ing went under the radar if your wondering) I can now see why they didn't put "Lego" actually in the title its that bad. Callum you have horrible taste in games and you most likely only like it because its the one shooter in the world your probably good at.
Gameplay: 0/10 - Just horrible......take the disc out of the tray and kill yourself with it horrible.
Graphics: 0/10 - Terrible, stab your eyes out with your controller.
Sound: 0/10 - It makes your ears bleed....
Worth: 0/10 - "Its not worth it eh" quote that guy that smoked and got lung cancer.
Overall: -999/10 - It defiles your Xbox.


No comments:
Post a Comment
The magical wonderment of a comments section.....post to your hearts content.