Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

BioShock 2 :: The Conclusion :: My thoughts. **SPOILERS**

Whew....I've finally finished BioShock 2. I actually didn't think I'd finished before I got to at least rank 40 in the games multiplayer but here I am just that bit more enlightened to tell you my thoughts on my final in-game moments and what I thought of it in comparison with the conclusion of the original BioShock. WARNING: This post WILL contain spoilers that will most likely ruin your experience of the game. If you intend on playing it I would not read on.....

First off I like to talk about somethings that caught me by surprise in the game. First of Stanley's betrayal was a nice payoff and genuinely made me mad at him, you do get the chance to kill him but the kill is DEFINITELY not in the least satisfying. One swing of your drill and he's down for the count. Just as this revelation was going on I had triggered a Big Sister so it was really distracting.

Sofia Lamb in end it seemed to me like she was really pushed aside. It all really focused around Elena's transformation into a Big Sister. One reeeeaally cool part is when you are transferred into the body of a Little Sister. The world all seems so glamorous and cheerful all as you go through transitions into reality to see how terrible it really is. I really thought that Sofia was going to do something really drastic but it simmered down. The game lacked a boss.

Sinclair was turned into a Big Daddy and that got me pretty sad and confused at the same time. How the f**k did Lamb get to him anyway? Wasn't he locked up somewhere? Sinclair was probably my favourite character and I think they probably could of milked his transformation a bit more to get it really emotion, and the battle with him as well.

I didn't really feel for Elena in anyway. The relationship was kind of built-up at the start and you do feel for her and Delta then but as you go through the game so much more happens and its really easy to forget. They should of, as the game was around the end built the relationship up again.

In comparison to BioShock 1 I would say the conclusion is better. The end of the original where you became a Big Daddy and protected a Little Sister was very clunky and the escort scenes took to long. I loved the final running scene into a realisation that...."OH SHIT....we're f**ked", the bombs went off and Elena in the nick of time teleported, leaving you alone in the blast. This was followed by the final cutscene and also a choice. Save yourself or Sacrifice yourself. I honestly cannot find the logic in sacrificing yourself because you are given no reason.



The video above contains all 6 endings to BioShock 2. The endings a relative to how many Little Sisters you harvest or save. Going through the game I think I harvested and saved an even number but apparently I didn't so I got the evil ending. I chose to save myself and you become a part of Elena. Alternatively if I decided to sacrifice myself she is all alone. She thanks you for giving her her freedom but is sad too, a very mixed bag.

All in all the conclusion was pretty good. I found the endings pretty lack luster though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The magical wonderment of a comments section.....post to your hearts content.