Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Plants vs Zombies!!!! ZOMG! Xtreme Game Review :: PC

I've never really played many Tower Defense games where you mirco-manage stocks and uses a currency to buy units to destroy enemies before they get to a certain point like you base. The reminded me to much of Final Fantasy: Tactics and for some reason I didn't like that game, probably because I was trying to play it on my good friend, Andreas' DS when he was already like halfway through the game, but here comes a new game by PopCap the creators of Peggle and Feeding Frenzy.

I've pretty much described the basic format of all games that follow the TD formula so there is not much more I can go over in the way of gameplay but the type of units and enemies you encounter in the game. The originality of TD games faded long ago seeing at one stage of their popularity tons and tons of games were released but its still interesting to see how PopCap breathed new life into the tired genre.

The stories simple. There be zombies dat r eVil nd dos things be tryin 2 get in2 yo place. And....you defend yourself by planting.....plants....ingenius. Plants like peaSHOOTERS and WALLnuts and other creative stuff. Zombies that can swim, fly and have armor all try to get into your house to eat your brains.

Awesome mini games where you bowl for zombies and ect. are all available when you unlock the mini game feature.......and thats pretty much it...I mean there's not to much more to explain but I can show you some gameplay so without further adieu heres some gameplay by somebody else......saves me work. Note: I actually made a gameplay montage but the rendering screwed up and so did the upload so I decided not to try anymore.



Gameplay: 7.5 - Quite fun but Tower Defense isn't not original.
Graphics: 8.0 - A Nice Cartoony style of artwork.
Sound: 8.0 - Relaxing soundtrack coupled with zombies.....nice.
Worth: 7.5 - Worth a purchase seeing its cheap but may be something you've already played.
Overall: 7.5 - A good take of the TD genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The magical wonderment of a comments section.....post to your hearts content.